“Educating Minds and Empowering Souls”
Mission Statement of St. Francis School
As a Catholic School, St. Francis is dedicated to the development of strong Christian principles within every individual.
We encourage parental involvement in our ministry to educate the minds and empower the souls of our students.
St. Francis School maintains standards of excellence in all academic areas and provides students with the skills necessary to meet challenges and make decisions in our modern world.
By striving to teach as Jesus taught, we affirm the value of living a life of love and service as Jesus lived.
Mission Statement of the Diocese of Erie
The Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Erie, in collaboration with family, parish and community, educate our youth to be well-informed citizens with critical thinking skills that will prepare them to live virtuous lives.
In faithfulness to the teachings of Christ and His Church, students will be invited to know, love and serve God in order to evangelize in a global society.
Through a safe, nurturing environment, students are challenged academically, provided opportunities to explore the arts and athletics, and inspired to develop a heart that is open to service.
1. We believe that every child is a uniquely created gift from God graced with inherent dignity and worth.
2. We believe that all students can best reach their fullest potential in a safe, nurturing and faith-filled environment.
3. We believe that every student has unique strengths and talents and can excel in a rigorous, supportive environment.
4. We believe that Prayer, the Sacraments and Christ-centered values permeate all that we do.
5. We believe that a standard of excellence must be maintained in all academic areas.
6. We believe that it is the shared responsibility of educators, family, parish and community to provide for the development of the whole child: spiritual, intellectual, social, physical and emotional.
7. We believe it is the responsibility of our schools to help students discern God’s call for their life.
8. We believe that students must develop the skills necessary to respond to God’s call in a global society.
9. We believe that everyone is called to serve others.
10. We believe in the value of strategic planning and professional development as a means of continuous improvement.
11. We believe that adherence to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and fidelity to the Bishop of the Diocese of Erie will create a community united on its journey to the truth.
Profile of Our Graduates
- Our students have acquired a body of knowledge according to the Diocese of Erie curriculum standards.
- Our students have had a rigorous education to develop critical thinking skills, analytical reasoning and strong study skills.
- Our students are able to communicate effectively, write creatively and think critically and analytically in order to problem solve.
- Our students are Christian leaders for the 21st century. They possess a foundation of strong Catholic values and beliefs to make moral decisions and to stand firm in those decisions.
- Our students live virtuous lives. They contribute to the Catholic faith through active participation and service.
- Our students respond to the needs of others by embodying the Works of Mercy.
- Our students exemplify a love of country using their talents to be responsible members of the global community and good stewards of the Earth.
- Our students are technologically proficient. They use technology as a tool for learning and communicating information in a responsible and effective manner.
- Our students recognize the Gospel value of the sanctity of life and value a respect for the gift of health, proper nutrition and physical activity.